Friday, February 22, 2008

Thing # 2 - Perspectives on 2.0

I really like the idea behind Web 2.0 and Library 2.0 - tools for "bringing together the small contributions of millions of people and making them matter." ("The Ongoing Web Revolution." Library Technology Reports. Sep / Oct 2007. p. 10.) The cooperative and collaborative nature is outstanding - pretty much a win-win situation.

The move of society in this direction behooves the library to become involved in that move. We need to be aware of the tools that are out there and investigate whether these tools can be a way of extending our services and partnership with the community we serve.

Growing up in the late baby-boomer generation, I currently lack exposure and knowledge of these tools. It is for this reason that I am attempting to learn "23 things". It is my hope and desire that I will not only gain an exposure to the tools but will also see ways in which I can implement these tools into the work that I do.

No comments: