Thursday, April 10, 2008

Thing # 19 - Podcasts

The podcast that I chose to listen to was one that was found under the MN Public Radio podcasts - Grammar Grater with Luke Taylor. This site is a weekly podcast about English words, grammar and usage in the information age. It basically takes words that can be easily confused in usage, such as "assure," "insure," and "ensure," and explains proper usage giving examples along with the explanation. This particular weekly podcast is a neat tool as a gentle reminder of proper usage of the English language. This would be one that I wouldn't mind using with the RSS feed feature.

In browsing through the podcast directories, I found that I could not access podcast.net. I could look at each of the other ones, however. One of the features that I particularly liked in the directories was the ability to pick the genre that I was interested in. Podcast Alley had a link in their directory to do exactly that.

I also liked the Educational podcast network and how that was laid out by grade level - elementary, middle, or secondary or by subject specification. One of the podcasts that caught my eye on this site was the weekly web tools podcast - a great way to stay up-to-date on Web 2.0 tools.

No comments: