Monday, March 24, 2008

Thing # 8 - Sharing slide decks, photos, or presentation slides

Well, this "thing" took more time than I anticipated. I actually ended up working on it over several different days, at various intervals, as time would permit. I am amazed at the number of creative tools that are out there to share information. I also must admit that I am slightly overwhelmed with trying to expose myself to all of the various tools at once. I really would like more time to "play" with them and become more familiar with their utility. I imagine this will come with time. I am very pleased, however, that we have the opportunity to gain an initial exposure to the various utilities through the exercise of 23 Things.

One of the tools that I really liked during my exploration of THING # 8 was the presentation sharing features that are offered through Thumbstacks and Zoho Show. To be able to create a presentation that can be accessed by multiple individuals at the same time with the only requirement being access to the Internet is a real plus. Both sites seemed fairly accessible and user-friendly, however, Thumbstacks carried a disclaimer, since their site is still undergoing revisions and further development.

No comments: